Subject: GLOBEC data
From: Kendra Daly <[email-masked]>
To: Dicky Allison <[email-masked]>
Cc: Marina Marrari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:06:14 -0500

Dicky,

I have attached the original text for the metadata and the explanation 
for the change to the data set.  Basically, we discovered that the net 
flowmeter data were not accurate for some net tows in 2002. 

The files on the ftp site below contain:
(1) the original Mocness metadata word file (also attached)
(2) the revised metadata file explaining the change in the data (also 
attached)
(3) an excel file of the  net cast #, net # (the Mocness net system has 
8 nets deployed on each cast) and the corrected volume filtered values.  
The revised volume filtered values will need to be corrected on the 
GLOBEC database files.
(4)  the net data for GLOBEC 1 and 3.  The first sheet in every 
spreadsheet are zooplankton abundances that you already served on the 
website.  You don't need to do anything with these data.  The follow on 
sheets (1-8) are the 8 nets for each net cast.  These sheets contain 
length-frequency data which will need to be added to the database.  I 
wasn't sure how you wanted to serve these data.

All the files can be downloaded from the ftp site, for both GBC1 and 3. 
also the 2 metadata doc files (original and corrected) and an xls files 
with all the correct vols filtered. All can be downloaded from:
ftp://ftp.marine.usf.edu/pub/marrari/GLOBEC-MOCNESS/

I'll try calling you tomorrow to explain this a bit further.

Kendra

*************************
Kendra Daly, Ph.D.
College of Marine Science
University of South Florida
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
727-553-1041 (office)
727-553-1208 (lab)
727-553-1189 (fax)
*************************